Job LocationMaiden, NC
We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
Looking to make a difference?
Bring your compassion and dependability to work with our devoted home healthcare team where you can truly make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
RHA Health Services is looking for personable, energetic and dedicated Direct Support Caregiver (also called Direct Support Associates) to join our home caregiver team in this entry level role.The Direct Support Associate II position is for those that have experience in direct support serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The nature of the role by design is not glamorous, can be difficult at times and requires hard work but the reward is immeasurable!
As a Direct Support Caregiver you will provide support for your clients both in residential and day care settings. You will get to know your clients on a personal level as you assist them with in the implementation of personal plans, goals and objectives; working with them to facilitate their communication in terms of needs and requests.
This is a highly rewarding entry-level role. You will help your clients by helping to identify personal outcomes that will best suit their individual interests, cultural backgrounds and dreams for the future. You will work with an interdisciplinary healthcare team to identify the appropriate support methods necessary to achieve the stated goals.
Our Direct Support Caregiver come to know the individuals that they work with less as clients, more as friends! If you're looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve, then consider RHA Health Services - where we put people first!
In this entry level role, the Direct Support Caregiver is responsible for helping to implement services and supports that will assist your client to achieve personal goals and desired outcomes as identified through an Individual Support Plan. The duties you will accomplish are based on the assigned shift and the direction of the Direct Care Manager. Shifts for this position are the following:
Additional responsibilities of the Direct Support Caregiver include:
- Providing opportunities for choice and encouraging clients to exercise control over themselves and their environment
- Assisting and instructing on food preparation and housecleaning
- Helping clients to identify and acquire valued social roles, as well as healthy personal and social habits
- Continuously assessing the functional levels for your client, motivating clients and providing consistent reinforcement, assessments, and feedback for all learning activities
- Dispensing medication, monitoring dosages and making notes in charts in accordance with your level of training
- Transporting and accompanying clients to and from day programs, work sites, and community activities
- Supporting clients at vocational sites to help meet their responsibilities
The ideal candidates for this entry level position are patient, compassionate, nurturing and have a calming demeanor in times of stress.
Successful candidates for the Direct Support Caregiver role are able to perform the physical components of the role including being able to lift and move up to 50lbs., are comfortable working in stressful situations and are able to handle difficult situations with ease.
Additional requirements for this entry level role include:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D., Associate Degree in a health related area; or two years' experience in a health related field. While not required in this entry level role, work experience, highly desirable
- Experience working with individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities, preferred
- Valid drivers' license and automotive insurance
- Flexible schedule and availability to provide on-call coverage as needed
- Regularly required to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. Must be able to pull a minimum of 50lbs.
- Provide CPR after certification
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- CPR, first aid, NCI and/or MedTech certification, a plus
RHA Health Services offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
In the entry level role of Personal Care Assistant we understand your desire to continue to grow in the role; we are known for providing high-quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and Wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid, and job-specific training opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
RHA is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our solutions center.
Apply on company website