DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Social Worker (MSW) you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Research Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At RMC we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the RMC family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Social Worker (MSW) to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
As a hospital social worker you will assist our patients in dealing with the effects of hospitalization. Patients and families are often under a lot of emotional pressure and financial stress due to illness or injury. Additionally, there are needs that need to be addressed after discharge such as home care or rehab services. You will help our patients and their families navigate the process of illness and injury, from hospitalization to recovery.
About this unit:
- Great team with the opportunity to serve a diverse population with a diverse set of needs
- You will be able to provide emotional support to our patients during their time of crisis
- Opportunity to train student interns from social work and counseling graduate programs
- The Social Worker will monitor the patient referral throughout the hospital stay to ensure the appropriate environment of care.
- The role of the Social Worker is to provide financial and supportive counseling to patients in accordance with state and federal standards of care and Managed Care partners.
- The Social Worker will assure that medically related, emotional, psychological and social needs of the patients are met/maintained on an individual basis by collaborating with patients, families, and/or significant others and the interdisciplinary team.
- Options will be explored and appropriate arrangements made in order to pursue a discharge plan that will meet health care needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school with Masters Degree in Social Work
- Must have knowledge of community resources relating to health care needs.
- Two years hospital experience in Social Work/ Discharge Planning
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women's Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website