OBJECTIVE: Effectively process Refinance & Purchase Loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines for a variety of loan of products including (but not limited to) Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA transactions. Additionally, this position may also periodically process specialty products such as Co-Ops, CEMA'S, 203k, Homestyle, State Bond, and Down Payment Assistance loans. (Training for Specialty Products will be provided if applicable). Loan Processor is responsible for monitoring the loan process and managing the proper expectations with the customer, third parties and the sales staff through closing.
The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate a function.
- Deliver Fanatic Customer Service: Always Exceed Customer Expectations
- Be the POWER of Red! Promises are always kept. One to say yes, two to say no. Bump it Up! Welcome everyone, make them feel special. Exceed Customers' expectations, every time. Recover the Republic way, make every wrong right.
- Daily pipeline management with an emphasis on meeting rate lock expirations, mortgage commitment dates, closing dates and department turn times
- Obtain and analyze information necessary to process mortgage applications for underwriting or investor submission, including credit reports, income documentation, assets, title work, appraisals, and any other pertinent information on a daily basis
- Send re-disclosure documents within appropriate timeframes, when changes occur.
- Effectively communicate loan status to all relevant parties, including borrowers, realtor, attorney, sales staff and any others associated and involved in the transaction
- Obtain and review all outstanding underwriting conditions required by underwriting or investor and resubmit to underwriting or investor for a clear to close.
- Review and clear underwriting conditions specified by underwriter for Senior Processor to clear on loan approvals.
- Obtain and review if required the following closing documents from the required company, realtor, closing agent, attorney and or borrower; Title Report, CPL, Homeowner's Insurance and Flood Insurance Policies, Survey if required, Well/Septic if required, Termite Certifications and all other certifications required by underwriter or investors.
- Consistently update and maintain loan status within Encompass including milestone completion, processing of denied, withdrawn or cancelled loans in a timely manner to ensure accuracy in loan pipeline status to senior management.
- Update Final Fee Sheet at time of clear to close and submit loan to closing department to meet the scheduled settlement date and to assure Initial CD is issued within required TRID timeframes.
- Inform management of any appropriate escalations as needed
- Effectively and timely assist closing, post-closing, compliance, QA/QC departments with any conditions or information needed after the loan closes pertaining to missing documents or requirements made by these departments
- Participate and communicate in pipeline, processing and staff meetings scheduled by senior management.
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the Mortgage processing role
Skills and Competencies:
- Monitor and manage a pipeline or 45-55 loans.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to communicate real time updates in a professional manner by way of verbal or written updates
- Requires good analytical and math skills, and outstanding computer skills
- Requires the ability to learn new product guidelines, new processes, and be able to guide others
- Working knowledge of industry regulatory requirements and available loan products
- Working knowledge with underwriting requirements; FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA required. Co-Ops, CEMA'S, 203k, Homestyle, State Bond, and Down Payment Assistance loans preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to function in an ever changing team environment & demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office); working knowledge of multiple AUS systems including but not limited to DU-LP-GUS-FHAC-VAWebLGY
- Ability to interact professionally with realtors, builders, sellers, title companies, peers and management with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the highest degree of integrity.
Traditional office environment with no unusual work conditions
Republic Bank promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding the physical demands of this position.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Manual dexterity for computer work
- Speaking, hearing and vision are required to perform essential functions
Apply on company website