OBJECTIVE: Overall accountability for the efficient operation of the Store which includes: ensuring Fanatic Customer Service, transaction and operational accuracy, proficient knowledge in Bank products and services, and motivating a well-developed team to support all initiatives.
- The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate a function.
- Lead your team in Fanatic Customer Service and ensure staff understands and delivers Fanatical Service: Always Exceed Customer Expectations!
- Be the POWER of Red! Promises are always kept. One to say yes, two to say no. Bump it Up! Welcome everyone, make them feel special. Exceed Customers' expectations, every time. Recover the Republic way, make every wrong right.
- Proficient knowledge in Bank's products and service to better educate Customers and staff
- Enhance the Bank's Customer base, deposits, loan, and fee gathering efforts through active sales efforts, such as but not limited to:
- Refer and cross sell Bank products and services to enhance the Customer's experience and relationship.
- Assist Store Manager with calling efforts and prospect lists
- Manage and implement Blitz efforts, Bank at Work Days and other community outreach programs to gain new Customers.
- Motivate and train staff to cross sell products and services, whether to existing Customers in the Store or at community events.
- Ensure store environment is maintained to the standard of expectations set by Retail Banking, Store Administration, Marketing and Compliance (i.e. organization, cleanliness, compliance issues, postings, staff work areas, marketing collateral)
- Maintain compliance with Retail Banking policies and procedures; understand and comply with applicable Banking regulations.
- Understand and reinforce store security measures with all store staff, frequently
- Use professional judgment and discretion in carrying out all employee management duties, including but not limited to:
- Participate in employment actions, reviews, personnel issues
- Maintain appropriate Store staffing level by creating schedules that ensure appropriate coverage
- Make sound recruiting decisions
- Timely completion of payroll activities
- Understanding and enforcement of Human Resources policy and procedure
- Take responsibility for staff training and career development. Ensure staff is properly trained to perform their jobs, participate in cross training staff and encouraging staff to enhance their career development by taking advantage of other training opportunities
- Motivate and build team rapport through activities and communications that support the Bank's culture and brand. Look for educational opportunities; hold productive and informative staff meetings to ensure employee engagement
- Act as back-up for any Store position, as needed
- Required to be a Notary and MLO
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements such as, but not limited to, BSA/AML, GLB/Privacy, Ethics for Bankers, and Pretext Calling and Identity Theft. Completion of Compliance Training to ensure understanding of these requirements, as outlined in the Bank's core curriculum and this positions specific curriculum on Bankers Edge.
- Comply with Truth in Lending and Safe Acts and NMLS standards regarding any lending activity falling with these regulations and guidelines, including properly applying for and renewing the MLO number, complying with any background checks associated with obtaining an MLO number, completing all required training as offered through BancTrain and Bankers Edge; as well as using the number properly in communications and documentation as noted in the Bank's policy.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree preferred; High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 7 years of progressive banking experience with a minimum of 3 years of management or supervisory experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor team; motivational team leader
- Production oriented; demonstrated cross promotion and referrals of products and services
- Knowledge of banking processes and procedures or aptitude to quickly learn
- Proficient problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Hiring and staffing to expected Bank standards
- Ability to be adaptable and adjust and remain effective when experiencing changes
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral
- Ability to take the initiative and be held accountable
- Maintain a sense of integrity and trust
- Stay current with job knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate organizational awareness and vision
- Time Management and Results Orientation
- Ability to maintain confidential customer and Bank information in a responsible and secure manner
- Strong proficiency in all Bank systems required to effectively carry out the job responsibilities
Traditional Banking office environment with no unusual work conditions
Potential for security issues
Republic Bank promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding the physical demands of this position.
- Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs.
- Manual dexterity for computer work; cash handling
- Speaking, hearing and vision are required to perform essential functions
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/V/D
Apply on company website