This person will be responsible for leading the Quality and Operational efforts of the Landscape Drip Strategic Business Unit. The successful candidate will be required to think and plan strategically and serve as a business partner to SBU management. Broad management experience with leadership responsibility is a must.
- As a lead advocate for product and service quality, this person will lead efforts to drive improvement throughout the organization.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of all strategic quality plans and be responsible for ensuring that our products and our services exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Working with all of Rain Bird's manufacturing facilities, ensure the SBU-driven quality and operational expectations are clearly communicated and managed.
- Serving as a voice of the customer, ensure that quality and service levels are a differentiator.
- Develop processes, systems and measurements by which customer quality and service requirements are identified and improved.
- Working with Engineering and Marketing, coordinate and recommend product performance and quality specifications for those products serving the residential market.
- Bachelors Degree and knowledge of quality standards, practices, procedures, processes as well as technical and/or high volume manufacturing experience.
- 8-10 years' experience working in or managing a business with a strong quality orientation.
- Six Sigma and/or other related quality disciplines including Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, DOE, and Supplier Quality Assurance.
- A strong strategic perspective, an analytical approach to decision making, a process orientation and good coaching skills.
- Demonstrated success in utilizing influencing skills to promote results from people who have no direct reporting relationship to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, build and motivate teams in the context of a business environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- MBA degree.
- Prior P&L, general management and/or marketing experience
- Strong analytical skills, including practical experience in applying probability and statistics to business decisions.
Apply on company website