Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
About the Team
The Engineering Visibility team is a foundation stone of the Qualtrics engineering organization. We strive to connect cause and effect. Our metrics and monitoring services empower everyone at Qualtrics to understand the status of our services. We strive for clean and simple correlation of this status with customer impact. This in turn helps our developers drive customer impacting events to zero and to speed up time-to-resolution when customer impact does occur.
At Qualtrics we are owners. We innovate. The things you deliver will have real impact, and quickly! Operating in a small, autonomous team, your work will flow from development to production in ever reducing lead times, delivering real improvements for our developers and increasing the company's rate of innovation.
As an engineer working in Engineering Visibility you will be part of a team that is responsible for the research, development and operation of our metrics and monitoring services. You will own container level monitoring across our fleet, delivering host and service level logs and metrics to our horizontally scalable storage solutions. From there the team provides dashboarding, monitoring and alerting services that connect developers (and us) with the data they need to perform effective change management, to get the right alert at the right time (when something goes wrong) and to dedicatedly improve the performance of their services.
Moreover, you will be joining at a time of rapid growth and investment in our technology stack. We are looking to employ leading-edge technology to solve problems of scale and complexity, including Prometheus, Thanos, and other open source technologies. This is a systems development role. You will deliver next generation technology frameworks that empower a continued move to a microservices architecture.
Beyond our engineering and architecture responsibilities, Qualtrics strives for operational excellence in the operation and delivery of our services. Some things you will take part in:
- You will ensure our platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- You will dedicatedly monitor end-to-end system performance to identify bottlenecks, potential failures and deliver service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- You will communicate effectively w/ engineers & partners and describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- You will perform periodic on-call duties as part of a global team
- You are a developer with strong systems engineering knowledge or a systems engineer with strong developer experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 1+ year's experience in operating a customer-facing, highly-available, large scale web-based service
- Experience debugging applications within a Linux environment & scripting experience with bash, sed and awk (and vi)
- Development experience in a high level language like Python, Java, PHP or Ruby
- Good understanding of web technologies & protocols e.g. TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience with some common monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios, or Sensu
- Experience with software development lifecycle and CI/CD tools e.g. Docker, Rundeck, Git, Jenkins etc.
- Worked with or implemented configuration management using tools like Puppet or Chef would be a plus
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis and Elasticsearch would be a plus
- Genuinely passionate about monitoring
- Excited about learning new technologies
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
- A team player and fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.
Apply on company website