Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
As a Principal Engineer for Qualtrics, you will be responsible for owning and delivering complex programs, spearheading investments, and defining the future technical vision. You will contribute substantially to initiatives such as the development of innovative new products, services, and features for our XM Platform.
Expectations for Success
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, multi-functional projects.
- Ensure the quality of component architecture and system designs.
- Influence and drive the architecture of major technology areas within the company.
- Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Demonstrate experienced knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and exhibit and teach engineering standard methodologies.
- Effectively research and benchmark Qualtrics' technology against other best-in-class technologies and participate in technology adoption decisions.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, growing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
Qualifications & Requirements (7+)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Consistent track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality SaaS systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments.
- Experience leading complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
- Experience leading development of process and standard processes
- Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), Data Modeling, API design, Containerization, Networking, UNIX, and database or other storage and compute related projects
- Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience working in a complex, service oriented software development.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level software engineer.
You will work with individual teams to ensure that all systems can scale to meet the ever-increasing demands of our rapidly growing business. You will identify and pursue opportunities to integrate technical solutions across all Qualtrics teams. You will also be expected to dedicatedly identify common problem spaces across teams and ensure we build best-in-class solutions to meet our customers' needs without impeding the agility of individual business verticals. You will help drive the direction and development of a premier technology organization and be at the center of all key system level decisions.
You will lead and engage in design reviews, architectural discussions, requirements definitions and other technical activities as a leader within Qualtrics. You'll have the opportunity to work on our most complex problems. You will also give to the health of our engineering culture. You are a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Your expertise is deep and broad; you're hands on, capable of producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories
Apply on company website