Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryMulti-functional job requires incumbents to be cross-trained to perform Unit Secretary duties as well as at least on other clinical support job at least 20% of time in each role. Cross training may be in jobs such as Patient Care Technician, Nursing Specialty Technician, Certified Nursing Assistant, and/or Monitor Technician. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides excellent customer service while providing clerical and administrative services; monitoring, ordering, and stocking supplies; and maintaining a safe work environment for patients, visitors, and staff. Additional functions performed under the direct supervisions of a Registered Nurse may include one or more of the following duties; observing cardiac monitors to identify abnormal heart rhythms; data collection related to patient status; performance of basic nursing procedures; monitoring; measuring and documentation of patient responses; performing and/or assisting with treatments and procedures; assists with maintenance of patient care equipment.
The specific job descriptions for Certified Nursing Assistant, Nursing Specialty Technician, Patient Care Technician, and Monitor Technician are to be referenced for the specific account abilities for those jobs. The % of time performing clinical support may vary from unit to unit, but at least 20% of the time the individual will function in a clinical support role.
- Customer Service: Performs effective customer service skills, to include, but not limited to, responding to patients, family and staff with kindness, courtesy, professionalism and efficiency; walking visitors to their destination, answering phones/intercoms in a friendly manner. Participates in patient care rounding in collaboration with unit staff to include daily introductions to patient/families with the use of AIDET.
- Unit Operations: Manages ordering, stocking, and inventory of equipment and supplies in collaboration with nurse manager. Unit operation responsibilities include but not limited to: daily monitoring of supplies, ordering office supplies, ordering special supplies, monitoring PAR levels of supplies, and maintaining/organizing unit supply rooms.
- Administrative /Clerical Support: Performs general reception and clerical duties at the nurse's station, including responding to patient calls via intercom or in person. Provides administrative and clerical support as needed for unit but not limited to: data entry, meeting minutes, maintaining bulletin boards, and organizing downtime forms.
- Unit Safety/Environmental Rounds: Coordinates the maintenance of a safe, clean, and functional physical environment in accordance with regulatory standards. Includes but not limited to cleaning equipment
- Performs one of the following duties on a nursing unit per the description: PCT/NST/Certified Nursing Assistant/Monitor Tech: See job functions for specific job duties.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Job-related work beyond high school: Unit Secretary training program or unit-based on-the-job-training and meets the job education requirements for one or more of the following: PCT, CNA, or NST.
(Lawson Code COTR) Meets the applicable certification requirement if job combination is US/CNA, US/PCT or US/NST. Acceptable certifications are CNA, EMT, Paramedic, Certified Surg Tech or Certified Medical Assistant.
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
In lieu of Unit Secretary secretary training, will accept 6 months experience in a healthcare related field or as an Administrative Assistant.
Team members employed in this job prior to July 1, 2020 are grandfathered under prior educational and experience requirements. In addition, team members must be certification eligible and will have one year to obtain required certification.
Other Required Skills and Experience
- If US/Monitor Tech, then successful completion of Prisma Health arrhythmia exam is required.
- If US/Monitor Tech, then completion of a Telemetry training program or previous experience is preferred.
- If US/Monitor Tech, then Annual arrhythmia competencies must be maintained and tracked through Learning & Development.
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationBaptist Easley Med Campus
Facility1015 Baptist Easley Hospital
Department10156410 ICU Intermediate
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website