Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryObserves cardiac monitors to identify abnormal heart rhythms under the supervision of a registered nurse. Performs duties in a centralized monitoring environment that monitors patients across multiple departments.
- Continually observes cardiac monitors and reports any changes in cardiac rhythm to the appropriate RN. - 50%
- Receives report from the previous shift and documents strips per policy. - 5%
- Responsible for the management and distribution of transmitter boxes. Ensures transmitter boxes are returned to the surveillance center in a timely manner after discontinuation of telemetry monitoring. - 5%
- Reports problems regarding poor transmission, etc. to the appropriate unit and personnel. Reports telemetry system failures to designated personnel and departments. - 10%
- Completes telemetry summary report per policy guidelines. - 5%
- Triages incoming phone calls, provides appropriate information and logs all phone calls. - 10%
- Maintains adequate supplies and keeps the monitoring areas and equipment clean and organized. - 5%
- Participates in training and the continuous development of new staff. Attends educational programs, inservices and meetings as required. - 5%
- Provides feedback and participates in the revision of policies and procedures as appropriate. - 5%
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent, OR post high school diploma
- Experience - No previous experience required
Other Required Skills/Experience
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Data entry and mathematical skills
- Successful completion of Prisma Health arrhythmia exam is required.
- Annual arrhythmia competencies must be maintained and tracked through Learning & Development.
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10086490 Telemetry Surveillance
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website