Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Nursing Student Patient Care Technician (PCT) provides direct care to patients and families in a developmentally, culturally, and ethically appropriate manner. The Nursing Student PCT contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective health care through direct care of patients and in collaboration with other health team members. The Nursing Student PCT ensures confidentiality of all patient information, utilizes safe patient handling at all times and maintains communication with the RN of activities performed, observations, and status changes in the patient.This role will contribute to a neat and clean patient environment and assist in providing high quality, compassionate, cost effective healthcare.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment and care of patients appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Demonstrates excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Promotes customer service initiatives. Provides total hygiene care including skin care, bathing, toileting, etc. according to established safety guidelines as determined by training and unit specific needs.
- Assists with patient ambulation in room, hall and bathroom and transports patients according to established safety guidelines. Assists in feeding patients, offering fluids and snacks, recording amounts consumed.
- Responds to call lights and requests from patient/family in a timely manner. Assists with stocking supplies and maintains clean working environment. Assists co-workers and health care providers to meet patient care needs.
- Performs point of care testing as trained and delegated by RN. Reports lab values to RN. Documents vital signs accurately and informs nurse of any change in patient status..
- Provides and documents compassionate comfort and non-pharmacological pain management measures.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Job related coursework beyond high school: Enrolled in an accredited Nursing Program. BSN program perferred. Must have completed Nursing Fundamentals coursework (verified by transcript).
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Student will need to provide a school transcript to verify completion of nursing fundamentals course - required
- AHA Healthcare Providers BLS Certification either prior to hire or completed during orientation - required
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10086424 CV & Monitored Surgery
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website