Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides direct patient care, education and support to patients in the fellowship trained physician specialty practice setting. Functions as a clinical and community resource, educator and consultant. Able to coordinate and provide care for patients based on detailed treatment protocols initiated by physicians without need of direct physician supervision.
- Provides direct patient care in an outpatient specialty setting. Maintains an advanced knowledge base of disease entities, medications and other treatment options specific to the medical specialty. Assesses and evaluates extensive health history. Evaluates effectiveness of care and makes changes according to predetermined care plan or after consultation with physician.
- Serves as primary contact for patient/family members (may include 24 hour "on call"). Performs phone triage accurately by involving physicians when needed but uses critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge to handle the majority of concerns.
- Triages current patient population and incoming referrals and with physician input, prioritizes scheduling of office visits and testing. Works with physician that is on service to determine scheduling of emergent patients Informs physicians of any changes in schedule.
- Identifies learning needs of patient and/or family and works with team members and community resources to develop and carry out educational plan and makes changes throughout the process to ensure educational objectives are met. This may include 1:1 or classroom teaching sessions.
- Assists with in office procedures. Provides comfort and safety measures for patient before, during, and after the procedure.
- Assumes responsibility for patient safety by maintaining a safe environment to include awareness of safety procedures, protocols, and adherence to patient care standards. Participates in environmental rounds to ensure safe environment.
- Champions the development, implementation and evaluation of PI projects and policies and procedures specific to the specialty area and assists new team members until they are proficient.
- Works with team members to plan, develop and implement educational programs and seminars in the community and within Prisma Health.
- Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards, guidelines, state statues, policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and current specific knowledge. Maintains competency through education and professional activities. Reflects on identified areas of strength that offer opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Acts as a resource for and coordinates continuing education for team members and hospital staff using community resources as necessary
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 1 year of Clinical Nursing Experience within specialty
- South Carolina RN license
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
In lieu of 1 year of registered nurse experience, will accept successful completion of the Prisma Health Nurse Residency Program.
Other Required Skills and Experience
Certification in specialty area preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationCentennial Way Practices
Facility2025 Administration-Medical Group
Department24441000 MCCW-Urology-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website