Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryDevelops and expands patient referral sources through marketing and networking with other hospitals in the extended service area to grow and sustain patient volumes. Evaluates, monitors, facilitates and coordinates patients readiness and transfer for post-acute services (inpatient rehab, long term acute care and skilled nursing) within GHS while ensuring quality and cost-effective use of clinical resources. Accountabilities
Program Marketing and Network Development
1. Actively markets the multiple post-acute care options to hospitals and physicians within extended service area.
2. Creates and delivers presentations on all post-acute services to physicians, case managers, social workers, etc.
3. Develops and maintains strong referral sources outside of GMMC as non-GHS network development is crucial to success of this position.
4. Develops, in conjunction with GHS Marketing, materials and programs to aid in the growth of outside referrals.
5. Attends local, regional, and/or state case management conferences for marketing, networking, and educational purposes. 25%
* Patient Assessment
1. Performs physical examination of the patient to determine eligibility for post acute services.
2. Requires in-depth understanding of admission criteria for all post acute services including long term acute care, skilled nursing care, and inpatient rehabilitation.
3. Assesses referred patients to identify the need and appropriateness for long term acute care services based on NALTH and/or Interqual criteria; skilled nursing based on CMS guidelines; inpatient rehab based on CMS and CARF guidelines.
4. Communicates with patients, physicians, multidisciplinary care team, and payors information regarding physical, psychosocial and financial assessment. 20%
1.Works as a liaison with patient, family, multidisciplinary healthcare team and payor source to formulate placement plans as appropriate. Plans are updated and revised daily to reflect the patient's changing needs.
2. Maintains appropriate documentation related to patient's status regarding their transition to the next level of care.
3. Maintains open communication with Physicians, Nurse Case Managers, Discharge Planners, Social Workers, patients and families concerning the patient's status and consideration for post-acute care services.
4. Maintains ongoing waiting list by communicating with Physicians, Case Managers and Social Workers, and performing ongoing physical assessment. 5%
1. Individually responsible for the transfer of the patient in a timely, compliant manner which includes, but is not limited to, transportation set up, physician compliance, regulatory compliance, and patient/family coordination.
2. Involves patient/family in plan for admission and in preparation for discharge from day of evaluation, taking into account the patient/family's cultural, ethnic, religious/spiritual beliefs.
3. Identifies actual/potential delays in care delivery, taking action as appropriate.
4. Integrates knowledge of payor requirements and federal/state regulations for placement along the continuum of care.
5. Works with Utilization Management and/or payor sources to complete pre-certification prior to transfer to a post-acute facility.
6. Implement and follow guidelines established by regulatory and accrediting agencies. 15%
1. Educates physicians, nursing staff and other interdisciplinary staff on post-acute criteria specific to long term acute care, skilled nursing and inpatient rehabilitation.
2. Educates patients and families on criteria specific to long term acute care, skilled nursing and inpatient rehabilitation care. 20%
* Program Tracking and Evaluation
1. Participates in program evaluation, CQI studies, performance improvements, and research for long term acute care services.
2. Maintains data base of admissions and referrals. 5%
* Team Leader
1. Educates and trains new external Bed Placement staff in post-acute marketing techniques, admission methods and departmental procedures.
2. Serves as a resource for other Patient Placement staff regarding coordination, team work, and critical thinking skills.
3. Works with other Patient Placement staff to ensure adequate coverage for department at all times.
4. Provides feedback to Director and Supervisor concerning annual evaluations of other Patient Placement staff.
5. Prepares a bi-weekly report of external referrals and admissions for each post acute setting for senior leadership 5%
1. Provides information and acts as a resource for local, state, and national communities on specialty post-acute care services.
2. Participates in management groups, nursing committees, and quality improvement projects, demonstrating leadership in same.
3. Maintains expertise in clinical areas and serves as clinical resource to the interdisciplinary health care team.
4. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of clinical practice using innovative critical thinking skills.
5. Actively seeks opportunities for continuing education and personal development.
6. Increases clinical knowledge, using various methodologies, and coordinates implementation of advances in medical practice. 5%Supervisory/Management Responsibilities This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive. Minimum Education
Associate's Degree- NursingMinimum Experience
2 years- Critical Care and/or Med/Surg Nursing experience.Required Certifications/Registrations/Licenses RN - REGISTERED NURSE - NLRN Other Required Experience
LTACH nursing experience- Preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationRoger C Peace Rehab Hosp
Facility1010 Roger C Peace Rehabilitation Hospital
Department10109079 Post-Acute Bed Placement
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website