Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides analysis of workflow, recommend solutions and implements application solutions to meet department needs. Translates department requirements into business functional requirements. Performs a variety of duties related to Epic and other information technology applications as assigned. Responsibilities include assisting with design, development, system configuration, implementation and support of assigned Epic applications for the organization. Also responsible for planning, training and evaluation of application functionality. Responsible for working with the team and key customers to ensure appropriate development of training and implementation of application functionality.
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software. Investigate end users' preferences while making build decisions and analyse business operations as they relate to build decision. Build and maintain Epic application content as assigned by department lead/manager. Stay current with new application functionality and enhancements.
Follow functional specification documents to create content within the Epic application.
Complete thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing.Document and report system issues through internal chain of command; communication with vendor where appropriate. Populate databases during the initial system build with assistance from Epic.
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancements and functionality needs. Prepare details of specifications as needed. Analyze data conversion needs and ensure that data coming across an interface into an Epic application meets the business need.
Develop and document project team procedures for implementing system changes and other tasks.Establish change control processes and procedures for the system.
- Participate in training development and delivery to end users. Work with end users to troubleshoot problems and investigate questions from end users. Work with report writers to ensure that the application has the necessary reports.
- Prioritize and implement requested changes to the system and analyze new functionality in releases to determine how it should be used.
- Maintain regular communication with Epic representatives and work with the Epic representatives and GHS' end user community to ensure the system meets the organization's needs.
- Provide end user support during implementation; able to serve as an application expert to assist in application roll-out.
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information services, health administration, business administration, health sciences or related field
- 1 year of Epic or integrated EMR experience required
Epic Module Certification as required by the position
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
In lieu of the educational and experience requirements listed above an Associate's Degree in Computer Science or a directly related field and 4 years of related Information Technology experience in a Business Computer Science, or health care setting; or a High School Diploma or equivalent and 7 years related Information Technology experience in a Business, Computer Science, or health care setting; or 1 year of Associate Epic Analyst experience may be considered
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Presentation, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to multi-task required
- CPHIMS preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1001 Corporate Services - Upstate
Department70019413 ITS Community Connect Administration
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website