Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryPlans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to principles and practices of physical therapy. Participates in operational and clinical functions for the department, hospital and corporation. Provides direction and assistance to Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapy Students, and Therapy Aides in the area of patient care. Complies with laws and regulations of appropriate state and federal agencies and Joint Commission guidelines. An advanced level of clinical and interpersonal skills are required. Behaviours that support the purpose statements of the department and hospital are expected.
Performs appropriate initial physical therapy evaluations and re-evaluations and designs a physical therapy plan of care - 25%
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of diagnoses/conditions seen in physical therapy
- Selects, performs, and interprets the results of PT examinations of neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and pulmonary systems
-Accurately performs and interprets standardized evaluations appropriate for the patient
- Identifies actual or potential problems that would impact the PT treatment plan as well as the overall patient plan of care
- Establishes specific treatment goals based on the results of the initial assessment
- Designs the treatment plan appropriate for the patient's age, educational level, and cultural background
- Designs a plan of intervention that is coordinated and integrated with other services.- Revises the treatment plan as indicated
Implements and manages a specific and comprehensive treatment plan, and participates in patient discharge planning - 15%
- Demonstrates advanced working knowledge of various Physical Therapy techniques with flexibility and creativity in the implementation of these therapy techniques
- Interacts regularly with others involved in the patient's care to incorporate an interdisciplinary treatment approach for coordinated quality care
- Demonstrates awareness and use of proper safety measures regarding the patients, others in the treatment area and self
- Reassesses patient status in response to treatment and goal achievement, redefines problems and modifies goals and treatments as indicated
- Provides information regarding discharge and follow-up services which may include a referral to other community resources
Actively participates in patient and family education process - 10%
- Provides education and training to patients, families, and caregivers regarding diagnoses, progress, and long-term functional outcomes
- Completes the Plan of Care and Patient/Family Education Documentation
- Teaches, counsels, and communicates with the patient/family/caregiver educational information related to the patients diagnosis/condition- Provides educational material to patients/families as indicated
Complies with departmental policies for documentation - 10%
- Documentation is in compliance with the chart review audit components.
-Documents all aspects of assessment, planning, treatment, and discharge in the medical record in a legible and timely manner.
-Goals are appropriate and measurable within a specified time frame.
-Treatment notes are clear, succinct, and contain information regarding treatment progression.-Appropriate abbreviations and medical terminology are utilize
Department and team responsibilities - 10%
- Attends staff meetings, team meetings, and mandatory in-services as scheduled.
- Initiates and manages assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
- Assists with care and maintenance of departmental equipment and supplies.
- Completes charge/productivity documentation and enters charges in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrates willingness to assist and is respectful of the rights of other team members.
- Complies with department policies and procedure
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that support the purpose statement of Prisma Health and demonstrates good judgement in selecting the proper mode of communication which conveys a favorable image of the therapy department and Prisma Health- Assumes any additional team/department responsibilities as assigned by department leadership
Supervision - 10%
- Provides supervision/mentorship to Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants and Rehab Aides
- Exercises sound judgment in delegating task to Physical Therapy Assistants and Rehab Techs
- Provides feedback on performance in a professional, tactful and beneficial manner
- Provides supervision to Physical Therapy students as assigned- Participates in student orientation and provides effective learning experiences, feedback and timely evaluation
Productivity - 10%
- Meets the team/department productivity standards
- Complies with the established standards of efficient scheduling to maintain appropriate levels of productivity
Achieves Annual Goals - 10%
- Establishes annual goals related to stated corporate and department initiatives
- Provides supporting information related to the progress made toward achieving established annual goals
- Actively supports corporate leadership initiatives- Conscientiously seeks consultation or supervision
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an APTA accredited program
Experience: No previous experience required
SC PT Licensure from the Board of PT Examiners
Lymphedema Certification Preferred
Other Required Sills and Experience
Demonstrates clinical competency based on patient's age
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Location3010 Farrow Rd Columbia
Facility1510 Richland Hospital
Department15157370 Physical Therapy
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website