DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Hourly Wage Estimate: $57.52 - $74.78 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacist Clinical Specialist for Pediatric Oncology.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Presbyterian St Luke's Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Pharmacy teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
This is a full time day shift position working every third weekend.
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Pharmacy Clinical Operations Specialist with us:
- You will be responsible for participating and leading pharmacy clinical or operational programs
- You will monitor patient medication regimens and provide appropriate interventions
- You will assist in the mentoring of pharmacy staff and students and assist in the evaluation and implementation of clinical/operational programs
This specialist position has primary responsibility over pharmaceutical care for the Pediatric Hematology/ Oncology service line.
- Serves as subject matter expert for pediatric oncology pharmaceutical care
- Develops and oversees pertinent policies, procedures, medication use guidelines, and order sets.
- Provides staff training and education related to clinical and operational pharmacy services specific to this patient population
- Actively participate in hospital committees and meetings related to pediatric oncology
- Serve as the lead clinical pharmacist for the Children's Oncology Group research protocols
Qualifications you will need for this role:
- Current licensure by the Colorado Board of Pharmacy as a registered Pharmacist
- BLS and ACLS required within first 2 months of employment
- B.S. or Doctorate of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)-*Pharm D highly preferred
- At least one of the following
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as Advanced Clinical Pharmacist or at least 5 years of general hospital pharmacy experience; preferably within area of focus
- Completion of hospital PGY2/ pharmacy general practice residency or fellowship
- Specialty BCPS certification
- Other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP)
- One of the following highly preferred for this position
- 5-10 years Pediatric Oncology experience
- PGY2 in Pediatrics with 3-5 years post residency Pediatric Oncology experience
Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center, located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO and licensed for 680 beds, PSL provides the most advanced care for patients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud to serve our community with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medical services for patients of all ages.
Since delivering our first baby in 1882 at St. Luke's Hospital, we have focused on providing exceptional baby care. Today, P/SL offers the region's most advanced maternal-fetal care, focusing on rare conditions that put mothers and their developing babies at high-risk. The Advanced Cardiac Center at P/SL is known as a major heart hospital, recognized several times over the American Heart Association for excellence and for its success in implementing a higher standard of cardiac care that effectively improves treatment of patients hospitalized for heart disease. While the tools are ever changing and our ability to care for patients is always advancing, one things remains constant - putting our patients first, with quality, respect, safety and teamwork.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website