Apply now »
Rexel is a global leader specializing in the multi-channel distribution of electrical products and services for the energy world. Our mission is to offer our customers innovative and sustainable solutions to improve the comfort, security and energy performance of installations, infrastructure and buildings.
We Deliver The Best Customer Experience
We Join Forces For Success
We Encourage Innovation
We Engage People To Develop Their Talents
We Trust Each Other
We Enjoy Making A Difference
We are seeking a Branch Driver to join our Platt team in Fremont, CA!
This position delivers products to customers from Platt branch locations. It is responsible for ensuring that deliveries are prepared to meet customer requirements in the most efficient manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in preparing orders to be loaded onto truck and delivered each day.
- When necessary, repack any orders and ensure outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Determine that all material for each order is correct (quantity and type of material) before departure.
- Load customer orders properly on the truck.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is thoroughly completed at the time of delivery, including customer packing list and branch manifest.
- Post in the branch a documented daily delivery schedule, including departure time/s and required route schedule.
- Deliver product to the customer in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain the branch vehicle(s) and alert the supervisor of repair and servicing needs.
- Perform a daily vehicle inspection and complete appropriate documentation.
- Keep vehicle clean, serviced and maintained in accordance with the Owner's Manual and Platt's maintenance requirements. Alert supervisor when repair or servicing is needed.
- Obtain and maintain a DOT physical / Medical card and have it renewed every 2 years.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform other tasks in the branch, including warehouse duties such as, accurately checking in freight, restocking product, cleaning warehouse and inventory counts when needed.
• Assist customers at the pickup counter when needed.
• Data Entry.
Platt Core Competencies (refer to full definition for details)
The individual must behave consistently with Platt's Core Competencies; Personal Integrity, Personal Leadership, Caring, Desire to Improve, Energizer, Knowledge & Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles due to high levels of dust and dirt. The warehouse environment has no means of temperature control; therefore, the temperature is dependent upon weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional overtime may be required. Some branches may require some weekend work as needed.
Daily driving in company vehicle is primarily local during the business day.
Knowledge and Experience & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate forklifts and vehicles in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Strong time management and customer service skills. Good attention to detail.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and the internet.
This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have good communication skills. Professional written and verbal communication skills must be present.
The individual must be self-motivated and task orientated. Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
This position requires a valid driver's license issued by the State of the position applied to with an acceptable driving record and 3 years of personal driving experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer Match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 8 paid company holidays plus 3 flexible personal days per year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- HSA Accounts
- Commuter Transit Benefits
- Additional Optional Insurance such as Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Critical Illness, Home and Auto Insurance to name a few.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities – We like to promote from within!
Rexel USA is a VEVRAA federal contractor and an EEO/AA employer. (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with a Disability) We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued, treated with dignity and respect, and empowered to do their best work. If you encounter difficulty using our online application system due to disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation, email email@example.com or call (888) 739-3547
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Apply on company website