In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan our teams provide care for over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.Responsibilities:
Purpose of Position:
Under supervision of the Director of Service and Attending Physicians, performs diagnostic and therapeutic tasks to provide comprehensive patient care.
- Adheres and conforms to all hospital and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Elicits and performs a detailed and accurate history and performs an appropriate physical examination.
- Develops treatment plans in conjunction with attending physician to provide optimal patient medical management.
- Monitors the level of and adjusts immunosuppressive medications.
- Order laboratory tests, x-rays, special imaging studies and other diagnostic procedures.
- Observes and records pertinent progress of patients, updating and summarizing charts, writing orders and progress notes and notifying Attending Physicians of changes in patient's condition when appropriate.
- Performs BLS and ACLS procedures in the presence of life threatening situations such as cardiac/and or respiratory distress when an Attending Physician is unavailable and with Physician when appropriate.
- Participates in continuing medical education, team conferences and lectures for the service.
- Other duties as assigned by Chief of Service.
10% differential for 7p-6a shift
- Current New York State license and registration as a Physician Assistant.
- Bachelor of Science degree in health sciences or a related field.
- Gradation and accreditation from a 2 year Physician's Assistant program.
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan our teams provide care for over 313,000 outpatient visits, ne...
Apply on company website