Employees under this job title generally work checking in trailer loads of product received from vendors and/or backhauls. Clerks are required to direct trailers to receiving doors through security receiving clerks and oversee the unloading of vendor goods onto the dock. Once the goods are unloaded, the clerk verifies case counts and notes deficiencies against receiving paperwork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend daily pre-shift meetings
- Proceed to assigned area (dock doors )
- Verify WMS screen to paperwork and dock doors for trailers
- Check for scratched product and aging of trailers in doors.
- Communicate with lumper service and/or management for any problems needing attention.
- Contact Guardhouse receiving clerks for status of loads (trailers) needing door assignments, scratches, etc.
- Meet with truck drivers to get paperwork
- Meet with lumper service unloading trailers at assigned dock doors
- Check product as received on dock,
- Note description of cases, Measure cases and TiHi of product, Note integrity of pallet.
- Direct lumpers to re-stack/re-wrap if necessary, Tag pallet of product into system
- Tag dropped trailers as empty and change dock lock status.
- Notify guards to get pulled
- Open and/or close dock doors as necessary
- Take finished paperwork to driver with case count
- Ensure sanitation of assigned areas
- Report damaged/suspicious trailers to dock supervisor for disposition
- Work with Quality Assurance to expedite rejected Trailers-Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website