The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and developing web and mobile-based instructional materials used for Paycom internal and client training. This role will help coordinate, manage and execute all aspects of producing training materials including, but not limited to, researching, planning and developing content.
- Develop learning content in accordance with business objectives and needs
- Write learning objectives, scripts, guides and more
- Build e-learning courses following defined workflow
- Interface with stakeholders involved in the content development process
- Analyze business needs to determine gaps and opportunities for future content
- Ensure Paycom's standard of quality across all learning content
- Maintain project documentation and report progress according to team project management standards
- Update all content as needed to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Translate training topics into content that is usable and easily understood by various audiences – clients and their employees, new hires, leaders, etc.
- Use Paycom's LMS product to upload and deploy material and provide recommendations for improvements to the LMS product and course deployment methods
- Bachelor's Degree required; degree in Journalism, English, Communication, Education or art-related preferred
- Experience in training/technical or creative writing/instructional design
- Experience in instructional design/teaching/training
- Use of e-learning platforms: Articulate – Storyline and Rise, Captivate, HTML5 or other
- Use of video platforms: Camtasia, Adobe – Premiere and After Effects
- Use of design platforms: InDesign and Illustrator
- Communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to retain an abundance of information in a minimal amount of time
- Superior command of the English language, including rules and usage; AP Style preferred
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong research skills, including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, project managers) to develop content, training materials and manuals
- Proven ability to generate creative, unique and relevant content
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
Leadership/Human Resource Management, Decision Making, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Interpersonal Relations/Teamwork, Organization Awareness, Communications, Self/Life Management, Continuous Improvement/Innovation and Change, Technical Competence.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website