At Panera we believe that good food can bring out the best in all of us—food served in a warm, welcoming environment, by people who care, through a frictionless customer experience.
We are looking for a Manager of CRM to join our team as a strategic business owner of a segment(s) of customers. Their objective will be to nurture these customers through marketing campaigns and personalized experiences with the ultimate goal of increasing their lifetime value.
This person will be instrumental in expanding our customer strategy beyond just our MyPanera loyalty members to encompass all Panera customers, regardless of marketability status. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of CRM, this person will be tasked with developing insight driven strategies to influence customer behaviors and maximize their lifetime value. This would include messaging series, offer campaigns, personalized experiences, new product introductions, etc – whatever is needed to meet the customer needs and grow the segment. In order to bring these different strategies to life across various teams and marketing channels, strong cross-functional working skills and relationships will be required.
A successful candidate thrives in a results-driven environment and is comfortable with taking calculated risks. The role requires strategic thinking, an obsession with the customer, and adaptability. This is a great fit for somebody who is intellectually curious, enjoys working cross-functionally, and has a passion for influencing customer behavior to drive growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
Act as the owner of a customer segment(s), understanding their behaviors and needs more than anyone else:
- Combine customer data and analytics, consumer insights, and market research to understand areas of opportunity to develop CRM campaigns across customer segment(s).
- Recommend segmentation, targeting, lifetime value, and personalization tactics to improve response and conversion, while maximizing marketing ROI.
- Partner with critical stakeholders to define channel and segmentation strategy based on customer-level opportunity and business objectives. Channels include, but are not limited to, email communication, mobile push notifications, in-app messaging, media, and SMS.
- Identify key “Moments That Matter” in the customer lifecycle where marketing intervention can drive favorable customer response and drive long-term customer value.
- Develop learning agenda to influence testing in line with overarching CRM strategy and company priorities and initiatives.
- Partner with Analytics teams to identify and operationalize customer data, predictive models, and CRM campaign results as well as program ROI analysis requirements.
- Prove out and position the impact and value of CRM campaigns with all key partners and stakeholders: Digital Team, Financial Planning, Operations, Franchisees, Senior Leadership, etc.
- Craft and articulate briefs and requirements to internal and external partners.
- Provide customer and business level forecasts and expected outcomes for marketing campaigns prior to launch.
- Monitor and interpret campaign performance to inform and adapt future strategy.
- Manage discount creation, QC, troubleshooting, and classification processes in partnership with IT.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Course focus on marketing or business
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, with direct experience in lifecycle management or customer strategy and loyalty
- Strong business acumen with the ability to extrapolate and leverage key learnings from datasets (through partnership with data analysts) to develop strategy, bring marketing activations to life, and drive business results
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, out of the box thinker who is willing to push the limits of what's been done before
- Passionate, inquisitive and optimistic; Self-motivated, fueled by collaborative environments
- Disciplined in keeping the customer top of mind and at the center of everything they do
- Strong ability to create, build and leverage relationships to work cross-functionally
- Effective time management skills; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent listening, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
Apply on company website