Transports Upward Bound participants during six week Summer Instructional Component. Will serve as positive mentor towards students and encourage them towards post-secondary education. Must be able and willing to drive a 15 passenger van.
Essential Job Functions:
Transport students to and from various locations, including but not limited to: their homes, OSU-OKC campus and field trip locations.
Coordinate transportation for student appointments, student camps, any school related activity, pick-up supplies, materials and other related office requirements.
Provide emergency and/or unscheduled trips on a daily basis.
Responsible for upkeep and vehicle maintenance, fueling, cleaning and daily securing of summer vehicles.
Be available to assist UB Academic Counselor and Office Manager/Advisor with daily requests.
Supervise or assist with student activities in classrooms, events and field trips.
Keep copies of the student's medical and emergency contact information available at all times.
Supervise or assist with other duties as assigned by the director.
Serve as a positive mentor to encourage secondary school graduation, enrollment in postsecondary area, and completion of a postsecondary degree.
Observe and comply with state law, including all traffic laws, OSU policy and procedures and guidelines set forth in the UB Staff and Student Handbooks.
Follow COVID Guidelines as set forth by OSU-OKC Campus.
Completes all mandatory training.
Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Duration Of Position: 05-06-23 to 08-18-23
Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution
Associates or Bachelor's degree completed
Experience working with at-risk youth
Certifications &/or Licenses:
- Current Oklahoma Driver's License and clean driving record
- Complete the OSU-OKC Defensive Driving Course
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be able to create, read, and understand maps.
Familiar with OKC metro roads and neighborhoods.
Drive a 15- passenger van.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a multicultural environment in an effort to work and communicate effectively with all students, faculty, staff and community partners.
High degree of initiative to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment.
Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include some nights and weekends.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Some events may require to be outside for extended amount of time.
- In-state travel to include exposure to outside conditions as relates to program cultural events and activities. Occasional overnight stay may be required.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
- Ability to participate in student activities and trips off campus
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply on company website