To develop in each student the skills of critical thinking and to help students learn Interpreter Training presented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain student and course records.
- Maintain and file current course outlines, objectives and grading procedures for all courses.
- Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.
- Provide continuing education experiences for the community.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree and licensure/certification in discipline required (technical program/non-transfer classes)
- Master's Degree in discipline or related area or Master's Degree with 18 hours in discipline required (transfer classes)
- Must have educational qualifications to teach in subject area or have documented specialty education/experience to meet tested experience requirements, as per the Higher Learning
- Commission's publication on Determining Qualified Faculty, and provide leadership in an academic discipline and/or degree program.
- Programs with discipline-specific external accreditation may have more stringent training and experience requirements.
Certifications &/or Licenses:
RID Certification or ASLTA certification (or eligible for certification).
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lesson plans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments to effectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the ability to assess student learning and progress.
- Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English. Requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as e-mail and Internet.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
Ph.D. in related field
Other Performance Measures:
Successful performance of the job requires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. An incumbent must use tact and diplomacy. Following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns are required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
- Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
Apply on company website