DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Trauma Nurse to join Orange Park Medical Center, part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Orange Park Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.We are looking for a dedicated Trauma Nurse Lead for a part-time,night shift position, on our patient-centered Trauma Team, to report to the Trauma Program Director and provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines set forth by the facility and the Trauma Service. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What you will do in this role:
- You will assess, plan, implement, evaluate and coordinate treatment plans for incoming trauma patients.
- You will demonstrate strong trauma clinical assessment skills, nursing intervention and strong communication/leadership skills.
- You will be responsible for trauma bay readiness and coordinating/triaging all incoming trauma patient activations.
- You will review and evaluate all activations for triage-level appropriateness and assist with admission consultations as directed by the primary trauma surgeon.
- You will respond to in-house trauma patients' critical needs and facilitate psychosocial support.
- You will mentor ED and inpatient nurses caring for trauma patients and assist in training and in-servicing needs.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license.
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Certifications needed upon hire: BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- A current TNCC Certification is required.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required, BSN or MSN Preferred.
- One or more years in direct trauma resuscitation nursing care delivery.
Orange Park Medical Center is a full service, certified Level II Trauma Center with 300 plus inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, FL and just outside of Jacksonville, FL. This state-of-the-art facility provides top-notch medical care to Clay County and the surrounding communities for over the past 40 years. As part of the HCA Healthcare family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career alongside more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider of choice in Northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Trauma Nurse Lead opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website