Odle Management – A subsidiary of Eckerd Connects
Reports to the Finance Manager and is a hourly, non-exempt position. Responsible for performing general accounting clerical duties. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates and abides by Odle Core Values and operating principles.
- Maintains accounting files.
- Enters data into the computer and proofreads financial reports.
- Processes vendor invoices by comparing invoice amount with the authorized purchase order and receiving information. Prepares expenditure report. Checks invoice activity against general ledger.
- Records, classifies, and summarizes invoices, work orders, purchase orders, etc.
- Prepares and reconciles the Lunch Ticket box daily.
- Assists in assembling and compiling financial data as requested.
- Maintains center records, ledgers, and journals as necessary to determine center financial status.
- Coordinates the distribution of student allowances for living expenses and payrolls.
- Compiles and maintains records necessary to prepare payroll register and all other data affecting the payroll.
- Assists in compiling and preparing monthly financial reports.
- Assists answering phone/reception duties, if needed.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adhere to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or equivalent, with courses in general accounting and bookkeeping, one-year experience as a general accounting clerk preferred.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record preferred.
Additional Requirements: Ability to type accurately at a moderate speed, some bookkeeping experience. Aptitude for mathematical computation. Ability to operate a computer and proficiency in use of mathematical spreadsheets, e.g., Excel, Lotus 1-2-3. Good organizational skills. Ability to effectively relate to trainee population. Good communication skills, both oral and written. Position requires an ability to operate office equipment. In addition, an individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Odle Management is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
The employer of record for this position is Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. DBA Eckerd Connects which assigns employees to Odle Management Group, LLC
Apply on company website