DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida — North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 510-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women's health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.Nurse Manager Med/Surg - Clinical Decision Unit POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care for patients on the Clinical Unit. Additionally, in collaboration with the Director, is responsible for the quality of nursing care provided consistent with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the organization. Provides leadership and management of the staff in the implementation of the nursing process. Participates in and materially influences the selection, development, discipline, and evaluation of staff.
- Correlates theoretical knowledge with clinical practice by using Nursing Process.
- Cooperates with other health team members in achieving common goal of quality health care and supporting all quality initiatives.
- Adheres to legal responsibilities as written in The State of Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Conducts self as professional role model and serves as clinical consultant for staff.
- Demonstrates effective leadership for staff in the clinical area.
- Responsible for daily staffing of the unit (as designated by the Director) to meet the patient care needs.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the unit budget.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in adherence to staffing guidelines and utilization of Facility Scheduler.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in the management of utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the data collection, preparation and presentation of employee performance evaluations in conjunction with the Director.
- Participates in the development and presentation of staff meetings.
- Responsible for orientation, in-service training and continuing education of all persons in the department/service.
- Plans and supervises an individualized orientation for new employees.
- Determines need and provides for in-service and continuing education of staff.
- Identifies, discusses and participates in the resolution of patient and departmental needs/issues through the:
- Performance of daily patient rounds
- Maintains collegial and collaborative physician relationships.
- Participation in weekly discharge planning conferences.
- Evaluation of clinical performance of staff.
- Counsels employees and provides documentation of exemplary and unsatisfactory work performance in a timely manner, assuring appropriate follow-up.
- Fosters an environment of engaged employees, who are committed to service excellence.
- Establishes trust, respect and open communications among staff and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model for establishing and achieving appropriate work priorities.
- Shares responsibility, recognition and ownership of team goals and results.
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN & MSN preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 2 to 3 years hospital clinical nursing experience plus 1 year of supervisory experience. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: RN license in the State of Florida. BLS.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At North Florida Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website