At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we've been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today's Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreamsand a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
As our Senior Scrum Master at NFM you will provide leadership, support, and guidance to IT teams in a manner consistent with Agile beliefs and principles. Be a servant leader who serves the needs of team members such that team members grow both personally and professionally. Effectively facilitate Agile ceremonies and act as an Agile coach to lead team(s) that are working on IT project(s) that are medium, or large, complexity and impact.
Applicants for this position may work remotely from their home. However, they must reside in the Omaha, NE area.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
• Guide the team and organization in effectively employing Agile/Scrum practices and principles to create value and increase customer and stakeholder satisfaction. • Support and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and planning releases. Understands the product being delivered and contributes to product development. • Facilitate Scrum meetings: Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Epic and Story Estimation, Sprint Review and Demo, and Retrospective. • Assist stay focused by removing obstacles, minimizing distractions, and keeping team meetings concise and efficient. • Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable. • Create and maintains information radiators and team tools, to include sprint board, burn-down charts, burn-up charts, progress dashboards, etc. Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that's what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes? • Bachelors' Degree in Computer Information Systems, related field required or equivalent experience • One Agile certification (CSM, CSP, PMI-ACP, CSPO, CSP) required • 10+ years of experience as a Scrum Master handling Medium to large IT projects • Working knowledge of several Agile Frameworks. • Extensive Experience in using Azure DevOps or other relevant Agile management tools • Knowledge of the software development processes and methodologies. • Ability and interest in learning new IT technologies and how they are used to create value • Pre-employment screening includes, but isn't limited to criminal background check
Benefits: What's in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You'll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM's 401(k) and you're eligible for company match after one year. NFM's 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website