At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we've been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today's Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreamsand a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
As our Senior Network Engineer at NFM, you be responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of in-house network systems that support core organizational functions. Overseeing the installation, configuration, and maintenance of networked systems (e.g., voice, data, wireless, firewalls, etc.).
Applicants for this position may work remotely from their home. However, they must live in one of the states where NFM operates, including IA, NE, MO, KS, and TX.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architect on network optimization.
- Configure complex switching environments utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Wireless Access Points, and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Collaborate with IT architects to design and implement functional company networks.
- Create and implementing network security measures, conduct regular network
- Lead by positive example and support the vision of our executive teams and senior leadership, including IT supervisors and IT architects.
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that's what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Bachelor's degree in IT, related field, or equivalent experience
- 6 + years' hands on experience in network or systems administration or engineering preferred
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) knowledge level or equivalent required, advanced networking certifications strongly desired
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support and Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems including Cisco, JUNOS, and IOS
- Knowledge of networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and routers
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocol
- Familiarity with network analysis tools including SolarWinds
- Proficiency with coding languages including Python and Perl
- Can independently install, configure, and maintain all manners of network hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, WWW, DNS, SMTP, FTP, Network, and Security Protocols, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS
- Experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Window Servers, AIX, UNIX, or Linux a plus
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn't limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What's in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You'll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM's 401(k) and you're eligible for company match after one year. NFM's 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website