At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we've been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today's Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreamsand a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $57,610 - 74,437 annually
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
As NFM's Associate Buyer the key objective is to increase sales and profitability through correct product selection, display, price, and promotion for our multiple locations including NFM.com. Analyzing customer needs, shopping/purchase patterns and trends, the Associate Buyer, will collaborate with their financial planner and develop assortment plans to ensure department has a range of merchandise that reflects the categories strategic plans and the overall merchandise strategy.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Ensure pricing is aligned with company pricing strategy, competitive forces, and product differentiation
- Collaborate with space planning to insure maximum productivity
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities-from ideation through store execution and reading results
- Buying plans meet all KPI's to include, product ranging, floor plans, planogram requirements, life cycle planning
- Be the Expert: Develop good/better/best assortment strategy inclusive of vendor matrix and pricing matrix for our multi-channel strategy
- Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that's what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, marketing, related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 years buying and/or category financial planning experience
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Ability to work nights, weekends and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Ability to travel to all store locations and appropriate product markets on a regular basis
- Basic computer skills plus knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn't limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What's in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You'll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM's 401(k) and you're eligible for company match after one year. NFM's 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website