Provide project support for MCH Leadership Team and other executives as needed, while training and developing management skills during this one-year program. The fellowship begins with clinical and operational departmental orientation rotations. Over the course of the 12-month experience, the fellow develops working relationships with the hospital's senior management team and is afforded the opportunity to become involved in an array of special projects, many of which are based on the particular interests of the student.
Minimum Job Requirements
- At least 1 year prior work experience required.
- Completion of Masters in Business Administration, Health (Services) Administration or Public Health required upon hire date.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends all Board meetings and other meetings as specified by the MCH Leadership Team.
- Complies with all standards for safety, risk management, and infection control as required by enforcement agencies.
- Contributes to various organizational objectives through project support and assignments for Senior Executives and Directors as requested.
- Responsible for personal and professional growth and expertise by remaining current with state/federal associations and professional trends, and by participating in community activities.
- Gains exposure to all levels of MCHS, including, but not limited to, upper and middle-level management, medical staff, governance and external relations.
- Maintains records of goals and accomplishments to be reported to MCHS Leadership Team on bi-monthly basis.
- Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special projects both internal and external to the organization.
- Serves as a resource to the organization through introduction of current academic theories and management techniques and by challenging current philosophies.
- Experience in healthcare field preferred.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers.
- Strong communication skills (verbally and in writing).
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
- Strong computer literacy and analytical skills.
Apply on company website