Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? At the North Central Correctional Complex in Marion, Ohio we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills and treatment necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, 10 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Reports to the vice president, regional operations. Directly supervises the deputy wardens, institutional services inspector, investigator, maintenance supervisor, finance manager, human resources manager, compliance manager and the administrative assistant. Responsible for the overall management of the facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
- Plan, coordinate and direct the total administrative and programmatic activities of the facility.
- Provide staff training; evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel actions in accordance with the Decision Analysis Table.
- Develop departmental budgets; monitor and control expenditures.
- Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting finance, food service, medical services, maintenance, human resources, security, programs, counseling, treatment and recreation. Ensure each policy and procedures are reviewed annually.
- Coordinate with vice president, regional operations on matters involving contract modification, future proposal preparation and negotiation.
- Review shift assignments for MTC security staff to ensure all shifts are adequately staffed to meet requirements of facility procedures and post orders. Ensure proper number of custodial supervisors and officers for the security of inmate labor force on work assignments and/or residing in the main unit building; coordinate, plan, and direct placement of all personnel in the event of riots, escapes and other emergencies.
- Monitor staff selection process of potential employees to ensure adherence to all applicable laws, MTC and state regulations, and select qualified applicants to fill vacancies as needed.
- In conjunction with manager, human resources and MTC corporate human resources, direct the imposition of staff disciplinary action according to MTC personnel policy and procedures.
- Direct preparation of work and other related reports on inmates for the classification committee and permanent record of inmates, showing progress and estimating rehabilitative prospects; direct inspections of living accommodations of inmates for proper sanitation, decide whether or not improvements are necessary and taking appropriate action where needed.
- Oversee the overall maintenance of buildings and permanent improvements of the facility; direct and approve requisitions, inventory and issuance of facility supplies, material and equipment.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in correctional management, criminal justice, public/business administration, education, counseling or other related field and eight (8) years experience as a manager/administrator of criminal justice programs involving incarcerated offenders or five (5) years management experience may be substituted for the required education. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website