Reports to the regional operations vice president. Directly supervises the deputy warden of operations, deputy warden of programs, business manager, human resources manager, investigative lieutenant, compliance coordinator, and administrative assistant. Responsible for the overall management of the facility in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
- Plan, coordinate and direct the total administrative and programmatic activities of the facility.
- Provide staff training; evaluate staff performance and implement organizational and personnel actions in accordance with the Decision Analysis Table (DAT).
- Develop departmental budgets; monitor and control expenditures.
- Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting the facility. Ensure each policy and procedure is reviewed annually.
- Coordinate with vice president, regional operations on matters involving contract modifications, future proposal preparation and negotiation.
- Review shift assignments for MTC security staff to ensure all shifts are adequately staffed to meet requirements of facility procedures and post orders. Ensure proper number of custodial supervisors and officers for the security of inmate labor force on work assignments.
- Coordinate, plan, and direct placement of all personnel in the event of riots, escapes and other emergencies.
- Direct and oversee risk management matters.
- Monitor staff selection process of potential employees to ensure adherence to all applicable laws, MTC and state regulations, and select qualified applicants to fill vacancies as needed.
- In conjunction with human resources manager and MTC corporate human resources, direct the imposition of staff disciplinary action according to MTC personnel policy and procedures.
- Direct preparation of work and other related reports on inmates for the classification committee and permanent record of inmates, showing progress and estimating rehabilitative prospects; direct inspections of living accommodations of inmates for proper sanitation, deciding whether or not improvements are necessary and taking appropriate action where needed.
- Oversee the overall maintenance of buildings and permanent improvements of the facility; direct and approve requisitions, inventory and issuance of all unit supplies, material and equipment.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in correctional management, criminal justice, public/business administration, education, counseling or other related field and eight (8) years experience as a manager/administrator of criminal justice programs involving incarcerated offenders required. Must be a skilled communicator with the ability to effectively interact with community and customer representatives, staff and inmates. Excellent written communication skills and computer proficiency are also required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements, if approved by the senior vice president, corrections.
Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete the annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website