Are you ready for that Career of all Careers? If you are outstanding at networking and recruitment and have experience in Corrections, then Management & Training Corporation is the place for you. We are committed to making a social impact in our community and with our employees and inmates.
This position pays $16.00 per an hour. MTC's benefit package includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability benefits
- Educational Assistance
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
Reports to the Warden. Responsible for building our brand with active and passive job seekers. employees, and creating innovative strategies to attract and retain correctional officers to meet staffing needs. The Recruiter will work closely and strategically with various members of the regional office, local human resources, corporate talent acquisition, as well as with outside resources in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Drive applicant flow by building relationships and partnerships with local community partners, including veteran groups, local workforce organizations, vocational rehabilitation organizations, educational institutions, or any organization focused on employment initiatives.
2. Be familiar with the company values, mission, and initiatives and have the ability to clearly articulate them.
3. Maintain memberships with local correctional and community organizations and attend regular meetings as approved by the Warden.
4. Attend regular facility meetings to discuss recruiting efforts and progress
5. Market, train and help manage employee referral program in coordination with local human resources.
6. Represent the facility professionally at job fairs and other recruitment events.
7. Provide a positive applicant experience by assisting local human resources in the screening and interview process.
8. Be familiar with the facility diversity and hiring initiatives and assist in developing strategies to meet these initiatives.
9. Be familiar with the facility recruitment and retention plan and suggest ways to assist in meeting plan initiatives.
10. Evaluates recruiting source performance and recommends strategies to increase applicant flow.
11. Be familiar with social media trends and make recommendations on how to better utilize social media to build our brand and increase applicant flow.
12. Utilize job boards, social media, networking, internal recruiting tools, and company branded materials to attract applicants and fill open positions in collaboration with local human resources and corporate talent acquisition.
13. Assist with facility tours and open houses for community members, potential applicants, and interviewees.
14. Report daily recruiting activities, challenges, and strategies used to improve applicant flow.
15. Assist with on-boarding in collaboration with local human resources.
16. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
17. Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety procedures.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or GED. Two (2) years full time wage-earning experience in correctional custody or law enforcement experience. Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and or prioritize work. Excellent written and verbal communication results driven, and strong organizational skills required. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office and applicant tracking systems. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website