Reports to the treatment administrator. Responsible for providing temporary coverage and assistance to full-time sex offender treatment providers with duties specific to the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC), Council on Sex Offender Treatment (CSOT), and the Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
- Maintain core beliefs that people can change and have an inherent drive towards positive growth.
- Understand and employ the Good Lives Model (GLM) and Risk-Needs-Responsivity Model (RNR) as underlying theoretical basis for sex offender treatment. Complete Individual Treatment Plans to include goals and objectives, assessments, treatment progress and accomplishments.
- Conduct assessments using approved assessment tools to include STABLE, ACUTE, Personality Assessment Inventory, Shipley Institute of Living Scale, DAST, MAST, Rape Myth Acceptance Scale, Wilson Sex Fantasy Questionnaire, and Hanson Sexual Attitude Questionnaire, psychological tests, clinical interviews and other techniques designed to define treatment goals and strategies for clients. On an on call part-time as needed basis. MTC will provide training regarding approved assessment tools.
- Assist the primary treatment providers with identifying and outlining areas which warrant attention and outline measurable and understandable goals in order to help clients learn to reduce deviant behavior and manage risk.
- Ability to use operant conditioning, behavior management techniques, including the identification of target behaviors and the application of re-enforcers and interventions.
- Understand current research on sex offender treatment and how it is applied. Understand and use techniques to increase motivation for change (e.g.-Motivational Interviewing).
- Provide individual and group treatment services on an as-needed basis.
- Review and integrate assessment information to write and monitor individualized treatment plans on an as needed basis.
- Collaborate with primary treatment provider to coordinate referral of clients to appropriate treatment groups and related activities.
- Recognize and review ongoing treatment or other needs.
- Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; observe applicable HIPAA laws.
- As required, maintain MTC data system and TCCO case management automated system.
- Assist with evaluation of client progress by completing treatment progress reports on an as needed basis.
- Understand and comply with the rules of CSOT.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, treatment team meetings, case conferences, case presentations, staff development meetings and training activities, on an as needed basis.
- Testify in court and other hearings as needed; respond to all subpoenas.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
DESCRIPTIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university required. Must be a Licensed Sex Offender Treatment Provider, (LSOTP) or Affiliate Sex Offender Treatment Provider, (ASOTP) as prescribed by the Council on Sex Offender Treatment, pursuant to the requirements set forth in Texas Administrative Code, Title 22, Chapter 810. Clinical treatment experience with focus on group facilitation preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must maintain TCCO security clearance and required licensure. Applicant shall be trained to complete relevant assessments prior to conducting such assessments.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website