Reports to the Deputy Warden of Operations. Responsible for performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties which require extreme discretion in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
- Perform a variety of secretarial and clerical duties, including dictation and transcription of correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Receive telephone calls and visitors; tactfully refer them to proper individual if designated supervisor is not available.
- Maintain calendar of events, schedules, appointments and take minutes of meetings.
- Coordinate meeting arrangements such as time, place, attendees and matter to be discussed.
- Maintain correspondence control log and coordinate preparation of special reports.
- Maintain central library of required documents, handbooks, directives, facility operating procedures, etc.; endure distribution to designated staff.
- Participate in the development of new and revised facility operating procedures in compliance with corporate procedures. Maintain and update master facility operating procedures.
- Make recommendation for purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience RequirementsMust be 21 years of age. High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year clerical or related experience including word processing and computer data entry preferred. Valid drivers' license in the state of Mississippi or Louisiana with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website