Starting Salary: $38,000
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of corrections or related experience required, six (6) months of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Louisiana with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Reports to the captain. Directly supervises assigned sergeants. Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates in unit in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
- Serve as shift supervisor.
- Supervise, protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate assigned employees and inmates; schedule employees' and inmates' work and off-duty time;assist in formulating security and work procedures.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
- Supervise and provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates and inmates assigned to work duty.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms and reports.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: unit, administration, investigator, training, safety, segregation, or intake.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Post Hire Requirements
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website