Ready to be a part of something big? At the Edison Job Corps Center in Edison, New Jersey we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, Paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions. Hiring immediately!
Reports to the career transition services manager. Responsible for providing placement and follow up services to former enrollees and graduates in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Assist in former enrollees and drop-outs during transition, placement and follow-up as appropriate.
2. Initiate transitional support referrals to off-center placement specialists and other community agencies.
3. Contact employers, MTC representatives, and one-stop centers to arrange for interviews and other activities to promote initial placement.
4. Make regular contact with former student during the placement and follow-up period; provide services as needed; document in the automated case management system.
5. Verify, document and report placements using the appropriate systems and processes.
6. Maintain regular contact with career development specialists on center.
7. Gather information and maintain open communication with workforce development centers throughout the state.
8. Produce and distribute placement and follow-up reports.
9. Meet department placement goals; regarding job placements, follow up skills & job retention.
10. Complies with policy and requirements handbook, DOL guidelines, and contract specifications.
11. Ensures timely placement and retention of assigned graduates and former enrollees in quality jobs, the military or further education.
12. Promotes job development through direct contact with employer, one-stops and staff employment agencies.
13. Use labor market information and other resources to work with each graduate to develop placement strategies tailored to meet his or her individual needs and career goals.
14. Develop job leads through the use of internet sources and direct contact with employers, apprenticeship programs, local workforce development boards, center workforce councils, youth standing committees, where established, one-stop operators and partners, employers, unions and industry organizations.
15. Provide direct referrals to suitable job openings and/or educational and training opportunities for graduates in need of placement services.
16. Provides graduates with assessment and assistance with placement readiness.
17. Provide ongoing counseling and transitional support to resolve job-related issues and to support job retention throughout the career transition service period.
18. Ensures the accuracy of all placement verification forms completed and obtained from employers, military, vocational schools, institutes or colleges, etc.
19. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
20. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
21. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
22. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Career Transition Specialist will also be required to perform job development for active and former students. Possessing effective negotiating, marketing and sales skills, will positively impact your job placement performance
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate's degree and two years related experience required. Job Coaching/ Mentoring Experience preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record required.
Rate of Pay $21.00/hr
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website