Reports to the manager, programs. Responsible for providing vocational instruction to inmates in accordance with management & Training Corporation (MTC) and the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) directives. Bachelor's degree and valid Texas teaching certification in elementary or secondary education required
1. Plan and conduct classes for inmates in Adult Basic Education (ABE). General Education Development (GED), life skills, cultural awareness, health education, science, language arts, money management, basic and advance accounting, basic and advanced computer operations and special curriculum and other subjects selected to correspond with the ability and limitations of the class.
2. Prepare special teaching plans, courses, activities and learning experiences appropriate for the specific inmates assigned.
3. Utilize appropriate audio and visual teaching materials individualized to the specific need of the inmate.
4. Administer individual educational tests and learning aptitude tests and use the results for prescriptive instruction.
5. Participate in staff conferences or in an endeavor to develop and improve educational programs.
6. Counsel and advised inmates on academic problems.
7. Coordinate activities and classes in conjunction with appropriate school districts or other involved parties.
8. Develop program and related educational materials as necessary for the establishment and maintenance of assigned classes.
9. Adjust material and curriculum to the individual differences of the inmates assigned.
10. Confer with inmates and instructors to evaluate results of conducted classes.
11. Promote the development of positives social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
12. Maintain accountability of inmates and property: adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties assigned with his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and valid Texas teaching certification in elementary or secondary education required. English as a Second Language (ESL) certification required if instruction in this area. One (1) year related experience preferred. United States citizenship required. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website