Intermediate Care (Stepdown) - 7 West - at HCA Mission Hospital
Registered Nurse - Full-Time - Days
***Eligible for $5,000 sign-on bonus for offers accepted by 06/30/2021. Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health***
Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign-on.
Intermediate Care Unit Profile:
- Medical Stepdown unit with heavy telemetry, handling higher-acuity patients than traditional MedSurg units, designed to take pressure off of ICUs, ED, PACU.
- Beds: 18
- Ratios: 1:3 to 1:4 on days; 1:4 - 1:5 on nights
- Patient population: variety of cardiac, vascular, pulmonary diagnoses such as A-Fib with RVR, CHF, COPD, Sepsis, DKA, Pneumonia and GIB; also pre/post-op for high-acuity surgeries; downgrades from ICUs
- Skills pathways: opportunity for nurses to work with higher-acuity patients with a variety of diagnoses, fresh trach care, patients on drips - building skills that may lead to future careers in ICUs.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Discover a generous benefits package! Our total rewards package includes but is not limited to:
401k retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), medical, dental and vision insurance, flex spending account options, life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program.
Registered Nurses at HCA Mission Hospital:
Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
Implements medically prescribed interventions.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
Certifications & Licensure:
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON
- BLS Healthcare Provider.
- National Certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Experience: One-year hospital nursing experience is the base requirement for the Registered Nurse role at HCA Mission Hospital. Please see "Preferred Experience" for department-specific needs.
Preferred Experience: prior nursing experience in a stepdown or progressive care unit. Will also consider those with MedSurg experience, willing to train on the higher acuity aspects of the work on this unit.
About Mission Hospital:
Mission Hospital is Mission Health's flagship hospital and is licensed for 815 beds. We are the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care and the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital also includes Mission Children's Hospital – the region's only children's hospital – providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists.
We're the busiest surgical hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina, and the second-busiest in the state. Mission Hospital provides the only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region, and is the only Cyberknife provider west of Raleigh.
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website