An Information Support Specialist job in Portland, OR, is available at Milgard Windows and Doors. In this role, you must have three to five years of experience in a customer-focused technical role. You will ensure uptime for critical production IT equipment and providing timely IT care to the business unit. The successful candidate will have experience with a wide range of computer operating systems and software.
Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer of windows and doors in the Western United States, with operations in Washington, Oregon, and California. In 2019 Milgard was acquired by MI Windows, creating additional growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.
Information Support Specialist job responsibilities include:
- Respond to requests for assistance to diagnose/resolve technical hardware/software issues
- Manage a fleet of Mobile devices (cell phones, tablets, RF wireless scanners, and 2-way radios for plant floor)
- Manage a fleet of Printers (Laser & Thermal) in an office and production floor environment
- Oversee, implement, complete, and track local/enterprise IT projects
- Responsible for procurement of IT equipment for Milgard-Portland Facility
- Ensure maximum efficiency while controlling costs
- Installs, configure, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of hardware and software used throughout the operation. Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed
- System administrator for specialized production floor critical PC's (to include Disaster Recovery tasks)
- System administrator for local building security systems to include, Security Camera System & Door access control system
- Responsible for local Server/MDF room and Plant floor IDF's
- Performs other related IT duties to care for the Portland location (Main POC for all IT related items in Portland location)
- Customer Service experience required excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Must have experience in IT Project Management
- Good understanding and experience with basic PC hardware/software troubleshooting at the CompTIA A+ level
- Good understanding of basic Networking concepts and troubleshooting at the CompTIA Network + level
- Experience with servers, network cabling systems, and switches
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in communicating technical data to non-technical internal customers
- The ability to multitask is critical to this role
- 3-5 years experience in a Customer-Focused Technical role
- Degree preferred in a computer-related field
- Industry certifications a plus (CompTIA, Microsoft, etc.)
Milgard is growing with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates opportunities for team members. An excellent opportunity to learn about our business and show what you can do to build a great team and organization. We have a robust total reward offering including:
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision – Milgard picks up the majority cost of these significant benefits!
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance – continue your education; we will help!
- Career growth opportunities – take on more responsibility and grow!
If you are interested in the Information Support Specialist in Portland, OR, please apply now. To learn more about Milgard's products, services, and culture, visit our website at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built or success in our foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence. Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we continue to build an even greater organization!
Apply on company website