We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing skilled professional nursing care to assigned terminally ill patients in their place of residence, as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with the standards of the Missouri Nurse Practice Act. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
$5,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Please inquire within.
This is a part time, night position
Hours: 3p - 11:30p Friday - Sunday
- Experience: Two years general nursing experience required
- Preferred Experience: Recent hospice or long term care experience preferred. Experience with issues related to death/dying and bereavement preferred. One year general nursing experience preferred
- Required Education: Nursing Degree from an accredited school
- License: Current RN license in Missouri required. Must be a licensed driver
- Certifications: Basic Life Support CPR certification through the American Heart Association
- Other: Complies with accepted professional standards and practice. Understands Hospice philosophy; principles related to death and dying and pain management. Complies with Mercy Hospice Health Status requirements. Has excellent observation, good nursing assessment and communication skills. Has ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation and has ability to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Preferred Other: Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Windows, Word and Outlook
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
When applying please keep in mind...
You will be required to complete and Online Assessment which consists of 100 questions. You are only able to take the online assessment once so please give yourself plenty of time.
For additional questions please email Kimberly.Bingheim@Mercy.net
Sign On Bonus
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website