We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The Pharmacy Technician Specialist I assists pharmacists in preparing, compounding, and dispensing medications and is accountable to the supervising pharmacist who is legally responsible for the care and safety of the patients served by the pharmacy. As a Pharmacy Technician Specialist I, the coworker may engage more complex medication distribution processes, have additional department responsibilities, and/or function in specialized areas of responsibility.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalence exam
- Licensure: Current State Technician license in good standing
- Experience: 1 year relevant pharmacy experience required
- Certifications: Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to function in a variety of roles and settings in the pharmacy department.
- Ability to float to other pharmacies and other pharmacy locations as needed.
- Must be able to work under time constraints.
- Able to perform initial trouble shooting for automated pharmacy technology and associated software.
- Ability to interpret standard medical information, lab values, other pertinent information in order to compile the necessary information for pharmacist judgement, prior authorization or other patient care use.
- Demonstrates mastery of all pharmacy dispensing and standard compounding procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in patient and customer contact points.
- Demonstrates mastery of all pharmacy prescription adjudication, copay assistance, financial assistance, Point of Sale, ordering, and inventory management as appropriate for job role.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and use of all equipment; robotic dispensing equipment and automated dispensing cabinets as appropriate.
- Demonstrates proficiency with the operation of pharmacy automation technology systems and workflow management.
- Demonstrates proficiency with utilization of electronic health record, electronic communication application and other pharmacy information software.
- Demonstrated competence to train and orient new co-workers.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website