We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist is part of the provider care team who helps with diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of patient conditions through the use of technical and scientific knowledge. This position is responsible for accurate, precise, and timely performance of laboratory tests. Medical Technologists/Medical Laboratory Scientists evaluate and report test results while assuring compliance and meeting all regulatory requirements consistent with the quality of a World Class Laboratory. The Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist will be required to exhibit excellent customer service skills in line with Mercy Signature Service in all internal and external customer interactions. Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Education: Associate degree
- Experience: 3 years acceptable clinical laboratory experience as a certified MLT, or with a bachelor's degree in a major that meets a certification agency's requirement or with successful completion of a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course
- Certifications: 1.MLT certification plus three years of acceptable clinical laboratory experience 2.Bachelor's degree, in a major that meets a certification agency's requirements, plus three years of acceptable clinical laboratory experience 3.Completion of a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course and three year acceptable clinical laboratory experience
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: MT(ASCP) or equivalent
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website