We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
Responsible for leading the programmatic sourcing solutions initiative for Mercy's Capital and/or Purchased Services strategy. This position will be responsible for developing the business plans, sourcing strategies, cost improvement, and contracting strategies, for the capital and/or purchased services areas. This position provides leadership, support and strategic direction primarily focused on capital and/or purchased services categories.
A key focus of this position is to develop optimal business strategies while matrix managing coworker relationships that will improve Mercy's cost position and reduce uncontrolled variation.
The Director will have responsibility for the areas of focus as described. The Director reports to the Executive Director, Supply Chain Operations. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Job Description Responsibilities:
1. In collaboration with the Chief Supply Chain Officer and group purchasing partner when needed, develop business processes and relationships that provide both traditional and non-traditional methodologies and set a new standard for collaboration on quality, service integration, and cost management.
2. In sync with the strategic direction of Mercy, implement strategic programs that reduce cost as well as maximize and redirect supply chain revenue streams to Mercy.
3. Lead Mercy through aggressive negotiation strategies that continue to improve our unit cost position as measured by the industry best practice.
4. Utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills, present to appropriate groups the information related to identified opportunities, their implementation, and post-decision results in order to maximize effectiveness of the service and cost management activities.
5. Work collaboratively with Analytics, Capital, Finance and Mercy Councils to develop and drive strategic sourcing activities.
6. Develop and meet financial and operational budgets for the Capital/Purchased services portfolios.
7. Support and facilitate the consistent deployment and integration of operational systems impacting the focused spend categories across Mercy.
- Experience: Developing and leading sourcing across the Capital portfolio and within Mercy Ministry. Five years experience contracting, sourcing and negotiation
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Certifications: CPSM, CMP preferred
- Other:-Understanding of Supply Chain Procure to Pay strategies
-Leadership skills must include the ability to facilitate and build consensus among diverse groups, strong persuasive presentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
-Proven negotiation skills.
-Ability to conceptualize, quantify and present new concepts.
-A strong desire to redefine the economic model of the healthcare supply chain.
-Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
-Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
-Superior analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to deal with all levels of co-workers, providing leadership, influence, and problem resolution.
-Ability to work effectively in team environment.
-Proficiency with business software tools including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
-Demonstrated ability to drive change in an organization via credible influence and not direct control of operations.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website