Provides day- to-day patient care in the home setting which includes, but is not limited to: case management and total care of multiple patients with different levels of acuity, admissions to home care services, post-hospitalization assessments, recertifications, discharges, patient teaching, dressing changes, IV therapy administration, access site care and general skilled nursing according to policy and procedure, assists with other needs that may be apparent in the home to assure safety and appropriate care i.e. lifeline, meals on wheels, and instruction on public programs availability. Provides apropriate and timely documentation by utilization of the Epic computer system. Per Diem position provides visits on a as needed basis following all department policies. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values and Mercy Service Standards.
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring. We're expanding to help our communities grow, offering an exceptional opportunity to join our team.
- Education: Graduation from accredited school of nursing.
- Licensure: RN license in Arkansas Valid driver's license in Arkansas or Oklahoma with good record Automobile liability insurance in amount required by law in the state in which the automobile is registered.
- Experience: Three years' nursing experience with minimum one year in a hospital setting, then preferably in home care or the equivalent. Per Diem position requires minimum one year Home Health experience.
- Certifications: CPR biannually
- Other: Must be able to lift 50# Must be able to transfer a patient weighing at least 100# with or without assistive devices Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, climb stairs, push and pull Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time Must be able to drive at least 50 miles at a time Must be able to drive in adverse weather conditions Must have good visual or aural acuity, natural or corrected Must be able to comprehend and follow instructions Must be able to perform complex tasks Must be able to learn the computer program currently in use Must be able to relate to the public, particularly with the elderly Must be able to maintain work pace relative to workload Must be able to handle stress and change Must be able to learn the CMS Rules and Regulations for Home Care
- Preferred Education: Basic computer skills Wound Vac application Telehealth monitoring
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn't come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care-that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website