We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Works with an interdisciplinary team to meet the needs of the patients and their families, providing quality end of life care. Follows physician orders and the policies and procedures of Mercy Hospice Fort Smith. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our missionm, values and Mercy Service Standards.
Each career at Mercy represents unique members of our caring ministry's “body”, working together for the health and strength of the whole. To achieve our goals, we need all the parts functioning at their best and this requires the specific qualifications that you'll bring with you:
- Education: Graduation from an approved school of nursing. BSN
- Licensure: Current licensure by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing
- Experience: Minimum 5 years nursing experience
- Other: Working telephone line, cell phone, or beeper. Valid driver's license in Arkansas or Oklahoma Good driving record Reliable transportation Automobile liability insurance in amount required by law in the state in which the automobile is registered. Must be able to lift and/or move more than fifty pounds. Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. Physical demands are attached plus push, pull, and grip up to 50lbs., kneel and crouch minimally.
- Preferred Experience: 2 years of home care/hospice clinical experience is preferred
- Preferred Other: Has understanding of the physical, psychological and spiritual concerns of terminally ill patients and their families. Good verbal and written communication skills. Good organizational skills. Good assessment skills with ability to make sound judgements. Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website