DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
****$7,500 Sign-On Bonus for qualified applicants****
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Medical Technologist today with Memorial Health University Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health University Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance for strong, experienced MT's and MLT's
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Memorial Health University Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Medical Technologist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Our Medical Technologists are responsible for providing patients and physicians with accurate and timely results to aid them in diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Medical Technologist performs tests and reports results of requested laboratory procedures.
We are searching for a Medical Technologist to join our patient-centered Hemotology team in a full-time, night-shift position.
What you will do in this role:
* You will perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of licensure, which may require a high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in licensed areas
* You will be empowered to exercise independent judgment under minimum to moderate degree of supervision.
* You will demonstrate skills in performing routine procedures, interpreting results and taking appropriate actions when necessary, organizing workload to achieve efficiency and report results in a timely manner according to patient needs.
* You will exercise judgment to determine the acceptability or rejection of results according to standards set for tests, and request assistance when needed from more experienced medical technologists or technical manager.
* You will perform, record, and document corrective action when quality control results are not within defined limits and adhering to the established policies, procedures and CAP proficiency guidelines.
* You will follow best practice methodologies prescribed, demonstrating your skill and ability to following laboratory compliance policies and procedures.
* You will ensure that the proper operation for high-quality test performance is achieved by performing daily maintenance, while ensuring an awareness of supply stock and replenishing methods.
* You will practice infection control by careful hand washing and by wearing personal protective equipment, for the safety of patient and self, while maintaining a well-kept work area.
3-4 years of hospital-based laboratory experinece preferred
American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), eligible, or equivalent.
Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or related science
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial Health University Medical Center has earned local, regional and national honors. At MHUMC, we are not content with business as usual. Our goal is to create a new stand for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website