JOB SUMMARY: Provides complex analysis by working across departments (product development, pricing, finance, operations, provider management, etc.) to develop analyses that become the foundation for practical recommendations and actions to improve business performance.
What you will be doing…
- Measure performance, validate recommendations, and operationalize new measurements.
- Use statistical methods and concepts to analyze information across various data types – time series data, categorical data, economic data, cohort analysis, creditability, hypothesis testing, multi-variable testing.
- Work to uncover, cultivate, and improve data sets to improve the level of actionable insight obtained from the data.
- Operationalize key analytical measures so that your time (and the time of others) can be spent on more valuable exploratory analytical activities.
- Publish insight to stakeholders (executive, departmental, external) with clear provenance and easy usability
- You have a desire to have your analysis result in actionable activities that improve business performance across multiple departments.
- You possess a strong intellectual curiosity and skepticism about the ways data and analyses are being presented and interpreted. (You continue to ask “Is this correct? How might this be wrong? Does the data support the story we are telling?”)
- You must be a critical thinker, problem solver, self-starter and an independent thinker.
- You possess strong experience in statistical analysis, modeling, and visualization methods across multiple data types, with a focus on simplifying analysis to make it clear and easy to understand.
- You have worked with leading-edge tools and technologies, including R, Tableau, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Python, SQL, Excel. You use this knowledge to recommend changes to speed the process of converting analysis to insight.
- You consistently produce high-quality, self-validated work with a strong conviction that good analysis needs to be reproducible, well-documented, transparent and stand up to peer review.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work with large data sets across the analytical process -- import, tidy, transformation, modeling, visualization, communication.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, informatics, actuarial science or a related quantitative field required; Master's degree preferred.
- 3-7 years' experience working in a research based or analytical role.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated expertise in data extraction and analytical programming languages (SAS, SQL, or R), and data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with programming design and coding techniques
- Experience with all parts of the systems development life cycle
- Experience with relational database technologies and SQL query semantics
- Ability to perform queries and retrieve and integrate data from multiple tables and/or sources
- Demonstrate the ability to clean and manipulate data as needed
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data from multiple sources: clinical, claims, pharmacy, survey, program, and other administrative data
- Experience with ETL technology and techniques
- Understanding of data warehouse modeling theory and techniques
- Experience with Hadoop and Apache Spark development
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website