Leads the team of Proposal Specialists in the completion and submission of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPS) under strict deadlines. Manages the daily activities of the proposal specialist to ensure RFPs are high-quality, accurate and fulfill RFP requirements. Maintains procedures and process to create department consistency and competitive appeal.
- Review RFPs at various stages of the process to ensure quality RFP responses are developed. This includes ensure the proper usage of database content, facilitate the development of custom content with SM Es, confirm all compliance requirements of the RFP have been met, verify quality checklist items have been addressed, ensure our style guidelines are followed and proper redactions have been made, confirm all content sources are documented and submit the RFP prior to the deadline.
- Directs RFP staff and operations, including prioritizing and assigning RFPs. Guides staff in preparing the technical components of the proposal including project understanding, action plans, and interpretation of RFP requirements.
- Maintain proposal team procedures and quality checklist requirements. Identifies opportunities for content updates of RFP database new standard responses.
- Schedule and/or attend proposal strategy sessions with Sales and upper management while contributing knowledgeable input in decision-making process in order to complete an RFP request. Assists proposal specialists in identifying questions that may need addition discussion for detailed response.
- Provide or work with the proposal specialists to provide standard and ad hoc reporting as needed. Ensure all RFPs are tracked on the daily report and each entry is correct.
- Identify, plan and support the development of individuals' skills and abilities through
- performance evaluation to ensure job responsibilities are fulfilled accurately and effectively.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Literary Writing or Business Administration.
- 8 years progressive experience where business writing and/or Request For Proposals (RFPs) is primary job function, 3 years of which are in a project management or leadership capacity in the Healthcare Industry.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Upland Qvidian RFP Software Experience Preferred.
- Demonstrated command of grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
- Appropriately applied advanced knowledge of the Company's capabilities, policies, products, and services.
- Strong knowledge of internal departments and workflow.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website