SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City North Hills Seasonal Program - RN Registered Nurse Emergency Dept / ED / ER
Seasonal PRN Program Runs 8/16/2020 through 4/24/2020 • $57.00/hour base pay
• $4,000 Completion Bonus
• 18 week Commitment
• Weekend and Holiday Requirement
• Minimum of 72 hrs per pay period
Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36-week season. All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period. Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need. Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period. During the course of the 18 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee). Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital. Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy. Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation. Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Our Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care, in the most compassionate way. Do you have a passion for helping others? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an ED Emergency Room RN.
The Emergency Department RN (ER RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• Accurately identify situations which require emergent or urgent responses and communicate those to the appropriate level of leadership in the organization utilizing the appropriate chain of command in the approach to problem solving.
• Prioritize patient care as they present to the department. Re-assessment of patient conditions and symptoms based on initial acuity determination prior to and after medical screening exam as required.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Provides and documents quality patient care consistently according to hospital standards and policy/procedures.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications and if you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our Recruiters. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Associates (ADN) required
License / Certification:
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of TX or compact license (if compact, TX required within 30 days of hire)
• BLS and ACLS certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
• PALS or ENPC required within 90 days of hire, ENPC and TNCC required within 6 months of hire
• Two years acute care nursing experience in specialty required
“Emergency Room” ER “ER RN” “Emergency Services” Trauma “Urgent Care” “Registered Nurse” RN “Emergency Department”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website