DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Director of Clinical Operations Medical City North Hills
The Director of Clinical Operations accepts responsibility for all department functions in support of the mission, vision, values of the facility. They are responsible for operations and the integration of the service within overall hospital functions, and serve as an innovator and change agent. They provide leadership to improve performance through assessment, planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care and services within scope of responsibility, including direct oversight of the manager of patient care operations and throughput initiatives, as well as support of Administrative (House) Supervisors and Float Pool. Strategic partnership with associated service line advanced practitioners and medical staff is expected. Assures a high level of customer satisfaction and manages productivity to achieve budgetary targets.
Medical City North Hills is licensed for 164 beds, has over 300 physicians and 30 medical specialties. The ER has about 39,000 visits each year and is a Level III Trauma Center. We are also a Primary Stroke Center, perform Spine Surgery, and have a comprehensive Cardiovascular Services department. We are an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a Cardiac Rehabilitation program as well as have a Total Joint Replacement Program.Benefits: We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in management or related role.
- Experience should include management of personnel, payroll, staff scheduling, contractor recruiting, physician relations and management of supervisory positions.
- Experience should include high proficiency with computer technology (such as Excel, Access etc.), as well as nursing applications such bed management, and resource scheduling.
- Current RN license in the State of Texas
- AHA or ARC BLS
- Certification in specialty preferred; required within six months of role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of the practice of nursing. Is able to plan and provide for delivery of nursing services. Works independently to effectively problem solve issues with staff and develop a workable solution. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Must have a willingness to participate in guidance and counseling of personnel. Must have interpersonal skills to act as a liaison between patient care and senior administration. Proficiency in computer skills, critical thinking skills, and public speaking skills. Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal regulations that impact areas of responsibility. Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in dealing with them. Acts as a representative of administration for patient care. Ability to assume leadership role with the health team in planning and delivery of patient care. Ability to work within and manage a team environment with individuals having similar abilities and responsibilities. Ability to interact with team during emergencies and to assist as able. Must be willing to respond to pages or calls for any emergency in the appropriate manner.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website